For over 30 years Cedar Mountain Spa Covers has prided itself on quality. They are constructed with marine grade vinyl designed to resist ultraviolet rays, mildew, and then sewn with polyester thread for longer life. The foam core is made from light, tapered, polystyrene foam reinforced with 20 gauge steel channels added strength. It is then sealed in 4 mil plastic to prevent water saturation, which can be increased to 8 mil if you choose the “Double Wrap Core” option!
Alaska Stove and Spa offers the most competitive custom cover prices in Alaska, and all include shipping to Anchorage!
Print the following form and fax to 562-7730 to order your cover today!
- We use 28oz. marine-grade vinyl designed to resist ultraviolet rays, mildew, and mold.
- 100% virgin vinyl
- 100% Polyester backing
- -10°F cold crack rating
- 0.97 mm thickness
- Compatible with commercially-based adhesives
Weathershield is up to 25% lighter than vinyl and has a urethane coating which enhances the stability of the weaved polyester. This allows greater water resistance and minimizes any shrinkage or stretching which naturally occurs over time with vinyl.
Weathershield fabric is highly resistant to:
- UV rays
- Mold & mildew
- Tears & abrasions
Weathershield features a high UV coating and, just like vinyl, Weathershield is mold and mildew treated.
This fabric is also 4 season friendly, so whether you live in a sunny or cold climate, it is built to last against all elements.
The foam core is made from light, tapered, virgin expanded polystyrene foam and is reinforced with metal channels for durability. It is sealed in 4mil plastic to prevent water saturation.
- Made locally in Post Falls, Idaho
- 100 % Virgin EPS (expanded polystyrene)
- Up to R-value 22 depending on combination of foam thickness and density
- Very low moisture absorption rate (~2-3%)
- Wrapped and heat sealed in 100% virgin 4-mil polyethylene bag (Many competitors use recycled bags = faster breakdown)
- Reinforced with 20 gauge structural steel C-Channel for cover stability and strength
All covers come standard with the following:
- Foam filled hinge gaskets to prevent heat loss
- 4 locking fasteners (4 fasteners are required for an ASTM 1346 rating)
- 2 reinforced handles
- Tapered to aid in water run-off
Foam Taper Explanation
4-2″ Taper- The industry standard, 4″ thick at the center hinge tapering to 2″ on the ends to promote weather run off.
5-3″ Taper- Becoming the new standard, a higher insulation rated cover with added strength while still maintaining light overall weight for handling.
Foam Density Explanation
1lb Foam- Best suited for indoors and covered by a gazebo or deck. Not recommended for high snow areas.
1.5lb Foam- Great option for uncovered outdoor tubs. Added strength provides increased stability, lower moisture retention, and higher insulation value.
2lb Foam- Strongest foam option available. Great for high snow load areas, and customers looking for the most insulation value when combined with the 5-3″ taper option.